Next Step (Random Interlude)

 I cried during my first day of kindergarten (I don't know why I'm leading with this, but let's run with it). I was inconsolable. I couldn't be stopped. I couldn't be comforted. In fact, according to some, I showed impressive lung capacity with my wailing. Some of the teachers had even wondered if I might eventually earn a living with my loud voice and surprising "breath" when I grew up. Anyways, towards the end of my first day, I was so anxious to get home, to be away from these strangers that I had spent the day with, these other children, hoping to just retreat into the solitude of my own home. So anxious in fact, I had no idea that I would repeat all of that all over again the next day, and for quite a few more after that.
 I guess I opened with that because it was a new beginning for me. Admittedly, I could have handled it better, but hey, I could have handled it worse. In fact, several others did, but let's not put their business out there like that.
 As the years went by, I got better at it, at adapting to change. I'm not perfect at it, but you learn to roll with the punches and make the most of it. And that's a lesson that I've hard to learn repeatedly in recent years. But, that's another story for another time. For now, I'm just here to introduce myself to the new readers out there.
 Point is, this is also a new beginning for me. And I intend on doing this properly, with the best effort, the most thorough content, and of course, a proper introduction.
 Hello there. For those of you just joining us, I'm a new resident of Drangedal, though I wouldn't exactly call myself new. I've lived here for close to 18 months now and while it has had its "moments", it has been a wonderful place for me. And I'm glad to be here.
 Although I've been writing since I was eight-years-old, I just started blogging 3 months ago. The purpose for this being to find a suitable outlet for me to express myself in a way that I can achieve complete artistic autonomy, without comprising myself or offending others........I know, that sounds like a mouthful. Let me try this again. I started this blog for the same reason most people do, because I felt I had something to say. Sounds simple enough, but its hardly ever that simple.
 So, for now, let's see what happens. As always, I'm just gonna keep writing. And hopefully somebody might find a useful tidbit of knowledge here. And if nothing else, I hope I can add a little perspective. Besides, I'm an outsider. And things always look different when your outside, looking in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections after 3 decades

....signing off✌

Leap of Faith