Another year....

 Ah yes....... it's that time of year again, time where we break out our best clothes and booze, go out on the town and find someplace memorable to celebrate the closing hours, minutes and seconds of the fated year. It's time to look back on the year, assessing the major highs and lows, all in the vain attempt of figuring out where our lives went wrong (or right) and correct the course. It's time to grab our nearest and dearest and thank whatever deity we pray to for the 365 days given to us to spend with them.
 This time of year is a crock of shit! In the words of Chris Rock, "THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT"!!!!
 No no, this is not me indulging in another tirade of the inanities of the holidays due to some isolation-induced dementia nor is it some retrospective on the futility of planning.
 This is acknowledgement, pure and simple.
 New year is not supposed to be some grand promise made to ourselves and those around us. A resolution is not a proclamation of our supposed-attempts to better ourselves.
 It's a time to simply take stock of ourselves as people, to summarize and judge ourselves. Are we fit to continue along this path? Have we reached our intended goals? Most of all, it's supposed to be an understanding of what we have learned.
 For me, I'm not perfect. I've learned that I am capable of great self-destruction. I am not always the best person I can be. I am capable of hurting the ones I care, the ones who care for me and who are the least deserving of it.
 But, I'm also far from imperfect. I am capable of following a dream, achieving a goal, regardless of how late in the game I've come in. I have achieved considerably more than my average peers, though it has taken me a while to see that. I am deserving of some slack, some rest, some credit for these achievements and for the ones to follow.
 Be that as it may, I'mm totally clueless. After all, who exactly knows where their lives are headed?
 In any event, mine's not so far off course. Hopefully, this upcoming year will push me even closer back on track. And I wish the same for all of you.
 Happy new years, folks. Let's be better people for 2015!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections after 3 decades

....signing off✌

Leap of Faith