....and then there was man......

 Y'know, despite the hype, I've never been one to blog. Sure, I've used various other mediums to voice my opinion, to express myself and to, admittedly, bitch, but I've never found the appeal of blogs. Granted, its nothing quite so absurd as elitism or what have you, but I've found a certain security in "limited interactions". This is to imply that I'll spill my guts, so long as I know who I'm spilling 'em to and am confident that they'll be there to pick 'em up and shove 'em back in (I apologies for the graphic picture you must have in your minds now, but in my defense, I still haven't had my coffee yet). And while my initial opinion has only changed slightly recently, I still am firmly latched to my beliefs.......until further notice.
 This is mostly thanks to one particular young individual. They are both wonderful and infuriating. Helpful and tough. Loving and vindictive. Blessing and bitch. But they made the concise effort in explaining their position on this subject matter to me. I suppose if one would be so inclined to take time off to pursue this cause, then I am either worth it or this person has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands (although in this regard, that's a luxury that they, along with the rest of us, can't afford). Therefore, its only fair that I either reward such faith by attempting this, or by proving them wrong. Either ways, this is gonna be fun.
 If one were to log onto this site, expecting wisdom and knowledge, then that is a promise I refuse to make, not because I got better shit to do, but because I will be the first to admit that I'm really not that bright. And anyone who knows me will agree. And if these people are my friends, they will give you highly detailed examples. My family will probably have pictures to that effect. I am not a guru or a genius. I'm not a wise-man or a wise guy. and I'm probably not the most educated man on the planet (although I would be comfortable in claiming to be the most educated guy living in my town). This post, along with the ones to follow, will confirm something that I have tried to make very clear. I'm simply an asshole with an opinion.
 So, who am I? Writer. Poet. Degenerate. Weirdo. Amateur cook. Life-long user of profanity (sorry mom), Imbiber of tobacco in any form. Man with a taste for anything that will get me shit-faced and sorry in the morning. Perhaps I'm much more. Perhaps I'm none of these things. Perhaps you can relate. Perhaps you're already closing this page now.
 I'ma find out. And I'ma do that, the only way I've learned how over recent years........in the words of Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie "........belts off, trousers down, life is but a scream".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections after 3 decades

....signing off✌

Leap of Faith